Nebraska Library Commission Highlights July 1, 2000 through June 30, 2001
- 2,618 librarians attended 146 Continuing Education Sessions sponsored by the Library Commission, including 180 participants in Basic Skills Sessions.
- 168 public libraries were accredited.
- 167 libraries received state aid.
- The Talking Book and Braille Service circulated 13,915 talking books, magazines, and Braille materials each month.
- The Talking Book and Braille Service recorded 150 issues of magazines and twenty books.
- The Talking Book and Braille Service duplicated 43,095 audiocassettes.
- The Nebraska State Database was increased to 6.8 million records with 6.9 million holdings, as of June 30, 2001.
- NEBASE members cataloged 135,484 total items.
- NEBASE members originally cataloged 730 items.
- The Library Commission circulated 3,661 items.
- The Library Commission borrowed 1,220 items from other libraries.
- The Library Commission loaned 316 items to other libraries.
- The Library Commission served 7,280 customers onsite.
- NEBASE libraries borrowed 55,216 items from other libraries.
- NEBASE libraries loaned 49,969 items to other libraries.
- At the end of the fiscal year, NEBASE membership included sixty full-cataloging members, forty-two CatExpress members, and forty-one NEON members.
- The Library Commission completed 4,010 reference transactions.
- 4,201 state documents were added to the Commission's collection, bringing the total to 122,847.
- 3,381 federal documents were added to the Commission's collection, and 21,409 federal documents were withdrawn, bringing the total to 169,988.
- 1,498 state documents were circulated in FY 2001.
- 169 federal documents were circulated in FY 2001.