Creative, Innovative, and MakerSpaces in Nebraska
Nebraska Libraries that have purchased 3D printers: (please check with each library for use policies)
Bellevue Public Library
Chadron Public Library
Geneva Public Library
Holdrege Area Public Library
Kimball Public Library
LaVista Public Library
Seward Public Library
Sidney Public Library
Creighton UniversityUniversity of Nebraska Omaha Criss Library
Creative Spaces in Nebraska - Public and Private:
- Art Planet established in 2011, is a Creative Space in Lincoln offering a range of classes and workshops for kids and families with a focus on engaging kids with special needs
- Art Works Visitors will find fun, fresh ways to experience the visual arts at ART WORKS. Nine hands-on activity stations, all with connections to art that you might encounter in Joslyn’s permanent collections and temporary exhibitions
- Beyond School Bells unveils mobile maker lab in Nebraska TMC Labs is first mobile makerspace for Nebraska’s afterschool programs. Kearney is one of the 10 communities that is participating in Beyond School Bells Community Coalition work
- Corky Canvas Nebraska's first "paint and wine" studio located in Lincoln and Omaha
- CREATE - Craft Studio Craft studio for kids and adults serving the greater Omaha area
- Do Space - Located in Omaha, Nebraska Do Space is a one-of-a-kind concept: it’s a community technology library, a digital workshop and an innovation playground filled with new opportunities to learn, grow, explore and create.
- Down Under Pottery studio and gallery located in Lincoln
- Lincoln Machine, Inc. a private business large enough to handle your metalworking and design needs, but not so large that you lose that individual touch
- Makerspace.com a world-wide directory of Makerspaces
- Nebraska Innovation Campus A maker space where creators of all sorts can share ideas, tools and knowledge. It features collaborative workspace, a machine/metal shop and areas for woodworking, fine arts, and rapid prototyping and electronics.
- Nebraska Robotics dedicated to celebrating the achievements of students working on Robotics and related activities throughout Nebraska
- NPPD Pathways to a Technical Future
- Omaha Maker Group a place where people can explore Technology, Science and Art
- Paint Yourself Silly select and paint your own pottery
- Resources for Writers in Nebraska
- SP CE Commons
- The Makery Craft studio in Omaha with workshops and open studio hours.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Terry Research Laboratory 3d printer
- Urban Legends Artisans and Art Classes interactive art studio in Lincoln
- Village Canvas and Cabernet Omaha’s first paint and wine art gallery and event venue; providing quality corporate team building and artist-guided events for groups of all sizes
If your creative space isn't listed, please contact us!
The Nebraska Library Commission does not endorse any commercial products, processes, or services included on this resources page.