Vision Statement for
Nebraska Libraries 2003
The following Vision for Nebraska Libraries was created by the
participants of the Second Nebraska Library Leadership Institute, 2003, Schuyler, Nebraska.
It was adopted by the Nebraska Library Commissioners on
To reinforce that Nebraska libraries are the credible
first choice for information ...
- We cultivated knowledgeable, courteous, and passionate
staff. We provide individual and collective professional
growth opportunities to encourage staff to challenge
themselves and each other.
- We are the vital and central hubs of our communities. We
foster partnerships that commit us to civic involvement.
- We build collaborative relationships with businesses,
organizations, and each other to complement our respective
strengths. We seek out creative avenues of funding through
- We provide innovative, inviting, and exciting environments
and resources, both physical and digital, while exploring
further cost efficiency.
- We facilitate lifelong learning so that curious minds will
- We serve all patrons fairly and equally without judgment. We
celebrate the diversity of our patrons and their individual
- Our customers drive everything we do.