Advisory Committee to the Nebraska Library Commission
Talking Book and Braille Service
Nebraska Library Commission
1200 N Street, Suite 120
Tuesday, April 19, 2005, 1:00 p.m.
Main agenda items for the April 19, 2005 meeting include the following but may
be modified at such meeting:
- Welcome; Minutes of the last meeting
- Appointment of a committee vice chair and secretary
- Plans for committee involvement in two outreach sessions at this year's
V.I.P.S. State Convention, in Kearney, May 3
- Current distribution plans for the use of posters provided by the Library of
Congress, and plans for the rest of the poster series
- Outreach efforts. Groups to target: What professions or other groups
might be helpful in our efforts to promote the Talking Book and Braille
- Digital Talking Books--transitional issues: What do borrowers need to
know about the move to digital talking books within the next three years?
for reluctant users of the new format, what might make them more comfortable
with this change?
- What new opportunities might exist to promote talking books, once the
new format becomes available?
- Other items
- Date for Fall meeting
For more information contact Dave Oertli, Director, Nebraska Library Commission Talking Book and Braille Service.