Facts on File is offering Nebraska libraries free trial access to the following online databases beginning March 15, 2009 and running through April 15, 2009:
- U.S. Government Online - Presents in-depth information on the structure and function of the U.S. government and its everyday role in the lives of citizens.
- American History Online - Spans more than 500 years of political, military, social, and cultural history, highlighting the important people and events of the American experience.
- American Women’s History Online - Covers the important people, events, legislation, and issues relevant to the study of women's history in the United States.
- African-American History Online - Provides expansive and in-depth information on the people, events, and topics important to the study of African-American history.
- American Indian History Online - Offers thorough access to more than 15,000 years of Native American culture, history, and heritage.
- Modern World History Online - Covers the people, places, and events in the broad expanse of history—from mid-15th century to the present.
- Ancient and Medieval History Online - Explores the pre-modern world with in-depth focus on Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- World Atlas - Combines detailed, printable, full-color maps of countries, provinces, and states with up-to-date statistical and local information.
- Science Online - Presents a broad range of scientific disciplines through extensive definitions, essays, diagrams, biographies, and experiments.
- Health Reference Center - Provides clear and comprehensive information on conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and the human body.
- Bloom’s Literary Reference Online - Examines great writers, important works, memorable characters, and influential movements and events in world literature.
- Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center - Provides detailed profiles of more than 3,300 jobs and 94 industries, invaluable advice on career skills, more than 48,000 resource entries, and much more!
- Curriculum Resource Center - Provides a library of printable teacher-handout material for the middle school, high school, and junior college curriculum.
- Curriculum Resource Center: Junior Edition - Provides a library of printable teacher-handout material and other content geared for elementary-level students.
News Services Databases
- World News Digest - Brings together and enhances nearly seven decades of news from the renowned Facts On File World News Digest in print.
- Issues and Controversies - Explores more than 800 hot topics in business, politics, government, education, and popular culture.
- Issues and Controversies in American History - Builds a deeper understanding of how historical events have shaped our nation by exploring the key players and the battles they fought.
- Today’s Science - Bridges the gap between the science that students learn in the classroom and the discoveries pushing the boundaries of science today.
Trial Dates: 3/15/2009-4/15/2009
Trial URL: http://www.fofweb.com/Demo/
Login information was originally distributed via a March 16, 2009 message to the Trial mailing list. If you are a Nebraska librarian or media specialist and you didn't receive this information or need to have it sent to you again, please email Susan Knisely.
Pricing: New subscribers are eligible for a 10% discount off list price when ordering through the Nebraska Library Commission. Pricing is available upon request.
Deadline: Orders placed by April 30, 2009 will receive an extra 5% discount.
Ordering: Fill out and send in the purchase agreement available on our Facts on File page.